By Imam Ibn ul Qayyim al Jawziyyah (RA)
"Allaah will give shade to seven, on the Day when there will be no shade but His. (These seven persons are):
1. a just ruler,
2. a youth who has been brought up in the worship of Allaah (i.e. worships Allaah subhanahu wa ta`alaa sincerely from his childhood),
3. a man whose heart is attached to the mosques (i.e. he offers the five compulsory Salaat (prayers) in the mosques),
4. two persons who love each other only for Allaah’s sake and they meet and part in Allaah’s Cause only,
5. a man who refuses the call of a charming woman of noble birth for illegal sexual intercourse with her and says: I am afraid of Allaah,
6. a man who gives charitable gifts so Secretly that his left hand does not know what his right hand has given (i.e. nobody knows how much he has given in charity), and
7. a person who remembers Allaah in seclusion and his eyes become flooded with tears."
[Reported by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim. The text is that of Al-Bukhaaree: Saheeh Al-Bukhaaree, V.1, Hadeeth #629.]
If you contemplate about the seven whom Allaah will shade in the shade of His `Arsh wherein there is no shade but His, you will find that they deserved that shade because of their opposition to Al-Hawaa. Indeed the Imaam having authority and power will not be able to establish justice except by opposing his Hawaa. And with respect to the youth who prefers the sincere worship of Allaah over the urge of his youthfulness, had it not been for the opposition of his Hawaa, he would not be able to accomplish this state of worship. As to the person whose heart is attached to the mosques, the thing that drove him to this condition is the opposition of Al-Hawaa which invites him tot he places of lusts.
Concerning the person who gives charitable gifts secretly so that his left hand does not know what his right hand has given, had it not been for his subduing of his Hawaa, he would not have been able to attain this state. And the person who was invited by a charming woman of noble birth (to have illegal sexual intercourse with her), feared Allaah and opposed his Hawaa. As to the one who remembers Allaah in seclusion and his eyes become flooded with tears for fearing Him, the thing that made him reach this state is the opposing of his Hawaa. Consequently, they were saved from being affected by the intense heat of the Al-Mawqif on the Day of Resurrection and the sweating therein. The people (adhering to) Al-Hawaa will experience the utmost degree of intense heat and sweating while they are waiting to enter the "Prison of Al-Hawaa". Allaah subhanahu wa ta`aala is the One to be petitioned to grant us protection from the Ahwaa’ (Sing. Hawaa) of ourselves which are inclined to evil, and that He makes our Hawaa in accordance with what He loves and is acceptable to Him. He has power over all things, and He is most worthy of answering our petition.
taken (with Thanks) from www.islaam.com
|This site requires:- Macromedia's Flash 7 Player & 1024x768 Screen Resolution|